- Because the installer uses text relocations you’ll need to relax your SELinux settings. Go to System -> Administration -> SELinux Management -> Status and set the Current Enforcing Mode to Permissive.
- Launch the installer and follow the wizard to completion (the remaining steps assume you accepted the default installation and workspace locations).
- Rational Software Modeller also uses text relocations at runtime so you need to run the following command before setting your Current Enforcing Mode back to Enforcing:
sudo chcon -R -t textrel_shlib_t /opt/IBM
- If you try and launch the application at this point eclipse will crash and display an error dialog telling you to check
<HOME>/IBM/rationalsdp/workspace/.metadata/.log. This bug is the result of a change in the xulrunner SDK which is required to display the eclipse welcome screen.
- To disable the welcome screen run the following command:
echo "org.eclipse.ui/showIntro=false" > /tmp/noWelcomeScreen.ini
Now append the following option to the launch command:
opt/IBM/SDP/eclipse -product com.ibm.rational.rsm.product.v75.ide -pluginCustomization /tmp/noWelcomeScreen.ini
- Go to Application -> IBM Software Delivery Platform -> IBM Software Modeller
- Happy modelling!